Competition Terms & Conditions
1. The terms and conditions together with any rules set out are the legal conditions for giveaways and competitions hosted by the Devote Media Group and any of our associated brands/networks. By entering any giveaway or competition you agree to be bound by all the conditions set out herein.
2. By entering any giveaway or competition you are agreeing to all the terms and conditions set out within this policy and agree for the Devote Media Group Limited to use your name, entry or photo in promotional material.
3. During specific giveaways and competitions certain restrictions and (or) rules may apply. These will always be stated on air, through our social media profiles and displayed via our website. Certain restrictions at times may also be set by our promotional partners (third parties) who we engage with.
4. In these terms and conditions, "we", "us", "our" and "promoter" all mean Devote Media Group Limited (DMG). Our registered office address is Suite A, 82 James Carter Road, Mildenhall, Bury St Edmonds, Suffolk, IP28 7DE. Our "promotion partners" are all third parties who operate giveaways and competitions alongside us or on our behalf.
Start and end date and time
1. All giveaways and competitions will start immediately, unless otherwise stated on air, through our social media pages or via our website as advertised.
2. The end/closing date and time will be made clear through on-air announcements, our social media pages and via our website. The information will always be displayed clearly on the giveaway or competition entry page through the "Win" section on our website.
3. All timings of our giveaways and competitions are hosted in UK standard time.
1. Each giveaway and competition will be open to individuals who reside in the United Kingdom and are at least 18 years old or above, unless otherwise specified through announcements or specific giveaway and competition rules that specify a different geographic region and or minimum age.
2. Entrants must enter a giveaway or competition via the correct process as detailed out in each individual giveaway or competition.
3. Entries received outside the start and end restrictions will not be counted but may still be charged, if entering does incur a charge.
4. Unless otherwise stated, you are only eligible to enter once in any given giveaway or competition. We will always state that if you can enter multiple times during the announcement of the event.
5. There is no charge to enter any giveaway or competition by default, unless otherwise stated, however if you are entering via SMS/MMS your network provider may charge you a standard network rate message or take this from your allowance. If texting a UK short code most network providers do not class, this as "inclusive" costs and incur an additional charge.
6. We accept no responsibility for giveaway or competition entries that fail to reach us.
7. If you win a prize, we will notify you within thirty working days after the end of the giveaway or competition. To claim a prize, follow the details listed in your notification email/text within the deadline specified in the instructions.
1. Prize winners will be chosen at random unless specified otherwise in the Competition Notice, from all qualifying entries within 28 days of the closing date specified in the Competition Notice.
2. Prize winners will be notified within the time specified on the Competition Notice. Return of any prize notification as undeliverable or failure to reply as specified in the notification within the time stated therein may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. If more than one prize is awarded only one prize per entrant will be awarded. Competition winners' names may be published on our website or you can write to the radio station, naming the specific competition and including a self-addressed stamped envelope for a list of winners. Claims for prizes must be made in the manner and within the time specified on the Competition Notice. Failure to claim a prize within this time or in the manner specified may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
3. Prizes are non-transferable and there is no cash alternative. We reserve the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value at any time.
4. We reserve the right, in our absolute discretion, to request proof of identity in the form of your passport, driving licence and a utility bill bearing your address.
1. You undertake not at any time to disclose, reveal, communicate or otherwise make public any confidential information relating to the Devote Media Group, its business, personnel, servants, agents or officers to anyone.
2. You may not publicise your involvement in the competition or the fact that you have won a prize without the prior written permission of the Devote Media Group.
Data Protection and Publicity
1. Winners may be requested to take part in promotional activity and we reserve the right to use the names of winners, their photographs and audio and/or visual recordings of them in any publicity.
2. Any personal data relating to entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not, subject to 55 above, be disclosed to a third party without the individual's prior consent.
1. There is no fee payable to you in respect of your involvement in the Competition.
2. The Terms (unless otherwise expressly confirmed in writing by the DMG) supersede all prior representations, agreements, negotiations or understandings (whether oral or in writing). Except as specifically set out herein, all conditions, warranties and representations expressed or implied by law are excluded. For the avoidance of doubt, no information of any nature about the Competition or the Prize or any of these Terms should be relied upon unless confirmed in writing by the DMG.
3. In the event that any provision of these terms are held to be illegal, invalid, void or otherwise unenforceable it shall be severed from the remaining provisions of these Terms which shall continue in full force and effect.
4. The failure to exercise or delay in exercising a right or remedy provided hereunder or by law does not constitute a waiver of the right or remedy or waiver of other rights or remedies
5. These Terms are not intended to nor shall create any rights, entitlements, claims or benefits enforceable by any person that is not a party to them. Accordingly, no person shall derive any benefit or have any right, entitlement or claim in relation to this Agreement by virtue of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999. Jurisdiction 1. The Competition and the terms and conditions of this agreement will be governed by English law and the parties irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.